Embrace was set up by two Christian women in response to the emotional pain they witnessed amongst groups of vulnerable women in Coventry. Whilst the work of Embrace has a current focus on women in prostitution it has always been the intention to reach women from all walks of life.
Our remit is to work with women who are disadvantaged or marginalised by circumstance and background, many of whom will also struggle with life controlling issues.
Our aims are to:
- Reach women in hard to reach places
- Support the right of all women to be accepted for who they are and encouraged in their personal pursuit of freedom, purpose and fulfilment in life
- Offer practical, emotional and spiritual support and befriend women as they journey forward.
We do this by:
- Providing services that will assist women in their intellectual, physical, emotional and spiritual restoration and development
- Helping women to overcome barriers that prevent them from finding purpose and fulfilment in their community or from reaching personal goals
- Mobilising passionate individuals who will stand with us in supporting vulnerable women
- Modelling God’s love and forming relationships that will facilitate an opportunity to know God personally
Ethos & values
Our ethos is an expression of who we are and we seek to demonstrate it through our attitude towards one another and those we serve. We are motivated and inspired by the life, message and example of Christ, which shapes and guides our relationships, projects and working practice. We aim to reflect a Christ- like attitude to those around us and our faith in Him becomes the lens through which we assess all we do.
Our activities are a practical outworking of our faith and it is our faith that gives meaning to our values. These are:
- Compassion – we are compelled to reach out to the needs of others with love, caring for one another and our community
- Inclusion – we will accept each individual as unique and valued, within a safe environment of love, trust and respect regardless of circumstances, beliefs and choices
- Hope – we will present a message of hope to face the challenges of change and never give up in our belief for a better tomorrow
- Purpose – we are committed to personal growth, recognising and releasing potential, believing in new beginnings and encouraging the pursuit of personal goals
- Justice – we are committed to bridging the gap, challenging stereo-types, giving voice to the voiceless and seeing individuals restored.