Standing for Justice – Walking to freedom
Our remit is to work with women who are disadvantaged or marginalised by circumstance and background, many of whom will also struggle with life controlling issues.
Our aims are to:
- Reach women in hard to reach places
- Support the right of all women to be accepted for who they are and encouraged in their personal pursuit of freedom, purpose and fulfilment in life
- Offer practical, emotional and spiritual support and befriend women as they journey forward.
We do this by:
- Providing services that will assist women in their intellectual, physical, emotional and spiritual restoration and development
- Helping women to overcome barriers that prevent them from finding purpose and fulfilment in their community or from reaching personal goals
- Mobilising passionate individuals who will stand with us in supporting vulnerable women
- Modelling God’s love and forming relationships that will facilitate an opportunity to know God personally
Meet the team
Karissa Coley – Project Manager
When Karissa was just 15, she felt that God was calling her to work with women involved in prostitution. This passion led her to study Applied Community and Social Studies at Coventry University, where she had the opportunity to research prostitution, along with other social issues. She enjoys reading, drinking tea and is married to Sam. Karissa is passionate about local mission and encouraging individuals to get involved with their community.
Rachel De Kam – Director
We are always looking for new volunteers to get involved. All we require of applicants is that they:
- Have a personal relationship with God
- Are involved with a local church
- Have a willingness to serve
All our volunteers will go through an application process involving an interview, induction training and where the voluntary position demands it, a CRB check. Upon acceptance volunteers will be asked to sign a Confidentiality Agreement and Code of Conduct and will be expected to uphold Embrace’s Statement of Faith.
More information regarding voluntary opportunities and how to apply is available from the Embrace office
Phone: 07475 761417
Post: Please e-mail the address above to get our mailing address.